For a remodeling or general contracting firm, having trusted trade partners is critical. Often they can be the key to a successful project and overall experience for your clients.
Over the years, we have worked with several remodelers who have considered having a service, like plumbing and electric, as part of their service offering, to have more control over the quality of the end product.
After founding his remodeling business, John chose to add a plumbing and electric company. While they are different corporate entities, John and Tim discuss the advantages and challenges of running both companies under one roof.
Prior to founding Modern Homestead in 2018, John practiced law for five years and then spent 12 years working in senior leadership positions for technology companies such as Google and Twitter.
John added Homestead Plumbing and Electric in April 2019 and in its first year of operations, Homestead P&E went from a single plumber to two plumbers and two electricians, while maintaining a 5-star customer rating.
In this episode, Tim, Steve and John discuss:
- The background of the decision to add Homestead P&E
- How the two companies are structured
- The challenges and opportunities of managing two companies under one roof
- Exploring staffing and cultural differences between the two companies
- How the COVID-19 crisis has effected operations
- And more…