How the concept of “green remodeling” has evolved over time and what, if anything, does it mean today?
In this episode, Tim and Steve discuss the green movement, where it has been, where it is going, and a little about being involved.
To dive further in we welcome Paul Eldrenkamp – Founder and Project Manager for Byggmeister, Inc. in Newton, MA to the show, as he was an early adopter of green building, and remains a thought-leader in the industry years later.
After a wide range of carpentry jobs and a bachelor’s degree in History and Literature of Medieval Europe, Paul founded Byggmeister (Scandinavian for “master builder”) in 1983. Over the course of nearly forty years in business, he has “always placed a high priority on two things: fostering easy, friendly relations with his clients and building a team of people who are as interesting and diverse as they are talented and dedicated.”
Tim, Steve and Paul cover:
- Defining what “green renovation” means.
- The biggest mistakes remodelers make when they incorporate green practices into their business model.
- Reliable sources of building science information.
- Some of the most entrenched myths about green remodeling.
- How “green” practices have evolved over 40 years in the industry.