We have done a number of podcasts on work force development. We have spoken with contractors, vocational school teachers, and trade associations like NARI about the topic that is so important to the future of our industry.
In this episode, we are expanding by talking to a Career Advisor who works in the guidance department of a Charter School here in Rhode Island.
We have worked with Rhonda Hanaway on in-person and virtual career days and learning sessions with her school and others in our region.
Rhonda is the Career Advisor at Blackstone Academy Charter School in Pawtucket, RI and has recently been appointed to the Governor’s Coaching Corps in the state of RI. This is a cohort of 35 professionals chosen out of a large pool of people around the state to work on essential questions for Workforce Development.
Tim, Steve and Rhonda cover:
- The difference between a Charter School and a Regular School.
- What Remodelers and Builders can do to get involved in the non-vocational schools in their own areas.
- What the approach should be and what person or title should they should reach out to.
- How to get schools involved that may not have a similar program in place.
- Job Fairs; what are they and how can they be started.
- And more…