Building a strong team can be a challenge to any business owner and creating a culture where employees feel trusted and empowered can be even more difficult.
In Episode 15, Victoria and Mark speak with Geoff Graham, Founder and CEO of GuildQuality, an award-winning firm based in Atlanta, GA.
More than 2,500 home builders, remodelers and residential construction firms currently rely on GuildQuality’s survey, measurement and marketing tools and they have recently been named a “Best Place to Work” in Atlanta for the 6th year in a row.
Geoff Graham started GuildQuality back in 2002 and now employs more than 100 team members, both full and part-time. Geoff’s firm has established a culture of empowerment, which starts as soon as an employee accepts a position with the growing firm.
Victoria, Mark and Geoff explore more about how to build a culture of empowerment, including:
- Allowing the team to work remotely if needed
- Building trust from the moment they join the company
- Hiring and onboarding the right team members to support the culture
- Sharing goals, objectives and results that are openly communicated
- Identifying and measuring key metrics
- Sharing financial statements and company performance metrics with the team
- Offering a results-based vacation and leave policies
A great episode for any business owner looking to strengthen and improve their company’s structure and culture.
If you would like to learn more about GuildQuality, you can visit their website: https://www.guildquality.com
Don’t keep it a secret! Tell everyone you know about PowerTips Unscripted
As always, if you have a topic that you would like us to cover or know of an industry contact, author or thought-leader that you think others would like to hear from, let us know.
If you’re enjoying our PowerTips Unscripted podcast, please spread the word and post reviews on iTunes and Stitcher.